Cafe Javas Epic Photo / Selfie Challenge
Terms & Conditions
1. The Cafe Javas Photo of the Week challenge is provided by Cafe Javas (The Organiser).
2. These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) apply to the legal relationship between the Organiser and you as a participant in the Promotion.
3. These Terms will be governed by the laws of the Republic of Uganda.
4. The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the organiser’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Organiser.
Rules and Regulations governing the Promotion
1. You are eligible to participate in the Promotion if you are a resident of Uganda, are above 18 and have a Facebook account.
2. A participation is valid if
- • The general Facebook, Instagram or Twitter page of Cafe Javas has been liked/followed.
- • The Selfie is tagged or placed as a comment under the ‘#EpicPhotoChallenge or #EpicSelfieChallenge’ post?
- • Not more than 5 of your votes/likes are of unscrupulous and phantom profiles gained fraudulently.
- • Entries are submitted by the individual entrant and any automated likes/votes will be invalid.
- • Entries are submitted by a public Instagram, Facebook or Twitter account.
3. If the above conditions are not met the Organiser will not be able to consider your picture during final selection.
4. The picture with the most likes/votes automatically becomes the winning contender. It is up to the Organisers discretion to select the wining picture.
5. The Organiser is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
If you feel that any of your rights have been violated by an image, you can use the flag button. (If an image has been flagged three times it will automatically be removed by the Organizer).
1. The prize that can be won in your country in the Promotion is:
2. The prize cannot be sold, changed or exchanged for money or for other prizes. The prize is not transferable to third parties. The Organizer’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Promotion is final and binding.
3. The Photo of the Week promotion runs from 13th April 2016 to 2nd May 2016.
4. Winners of the previous week will be announced on monday and instructions on how to redeem their winnings will be communicated via phone.
Intellectual property rights and publicity
1. All intellectual property rights to the Promotion are and will be owned by Cafe Javas.
2. Hyperlinks on the Site may direct visitors to external websites which are maintained by others. The Organizer shall not be liable for the content and the functioning of such external websites.
1. THE ORGANISER DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PROMOTION. THE PROMOTION IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’.
2. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Your relationship with Facebook is governed by the terms and conditions which can be found on the website of Facebook. You cannot invoke the Facebook terms and conditions in your legal relationship with the Organizer.
3. The Organiser reserves the right to audit and verify the validity of entries and votes.
4. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
5. The Organiser may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any entries from, and prohibit further participation in this Promotion by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Promotion and reserves the right to disqualify any entry which is not submitted in accordance with these conditions of entry.
6. The Organiser does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind and has no responsibility for lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
7. Employees of CAFE JAVAS or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
Privacy and data protection
Personal data collected during the promotion will solely be used by the Organizer for the “Promotion”.